Information technology (IT) refers to a set of methods that optimize processes to reduce labor intensity. For their correct use, a classification of types of information technology is required.
Information technology classification criteria
Modern information technologies can be classified according to various criteria. Information technology classification signs:
- classification of information technology by application;
- by interface;
- on network interaction;
- by construction methods;
- by the degree of coverage of tasks;
- on participation in the dialogue.
The following is a more detailed classification of information technology.
By areas of use
Here IT is divided into supporting and functional. The former include methods of analysis, work with databases, and decryption of symbols. Functional ones are applied in a specific area.
The technologies under consideration can be:
- batch: analysis is carried out in a specific sequence;
- interactive: there is no sequence here;
- networked: help you gain access to computing resources.
- local: a system of interconnected means of transmission, storage and analysis of data;
- multilevel: represent the structure of the created network in the form of hierarchical levels;
- distributed: due to this group, a high-quality transfer of information occurs.
By construction methods
- functionally oriented: work in this area is divided into several functions;
- objectively oriented: based on the creation of a system in the form of a specific set.
By the degree of coverage of management tasks
IT can be:
- processing tasks: helping to solve tasks for which there is the necessary data;
- management: meet the data needs of those users who make decisions;
- office automation: used to support communication processes;
- expert systems: they are the basis for the automation of analysts’ work.
By participation in the dialogue
- passive: provide information after the user communicates with the system upon request;
- active: characterized by the fact that they independently transmit information to the subscriber.
Thus, the IT grouping allows you to choose a more appropriate type of it.