Information technologies and their types
What does the concept of information technology mean? Information technologies are processes that allow you to store, transmit, search, process and distribute any information. Such methods produce material with the help of which a person can get answers in the required area. Information is obtained using technical devices and computer technology by any methods of transmitting material.
Main types of information technologies
What information technologies are there? Types of information technologies have several types.
- IT of data processing is used to solve a problem where the algorithms are known and simple. It is used by employees of organizations where operations are constantly repeated. This increases the productivity of employees, as it reduces the time spent on the task at times. Data collection, processing, storage, and reporting are taking place here.
- IT management is needed to quickly solve management problems. The information comes mainly in the form of reports about the past, present and future. It helps to monitor and regulate reports and scheduling. Here, the main components are: input and output information, and a database.
- IT of an automated office involves the implementation of communication processes within the organization and in the external environment. The view helps to cope with the increasing amount of work. The main components are database, text and table processor, e-mail and audio mail, electronic calendar, computer conferences, tele-video-audio conferences, video text, image storage, fax communication.
- IT of decision support is a method by which tasks are carried out as a result of an iterative process. The person sets the data himself and evaluates the result produced. Completely new information is created for making decisions. Data- and model base, models are used here.
- IT expert systems is based on artificial intelligence. These systems have accumulated skills that can help to solve the issue when it becomes necessary. The knowledge is immersed in the expert’s memory, and then begins to be used. The main components are user interface, knowledge base, interpreter, system creation module.
- Information and reference methods:
- active ones, which give out information to a person at a certain time.
- passive ones, which supply information on request.
You have seen what information technologies exist. Information technologies and their types are needed in the modern world to perform various functions and simplify people’s lives.